Glotmorf on 31 Jul 2003 02:23:35 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 46 BALLOT

On 7/30/03 at 9:59 PM bd wrote:

>On Wednesday 30 July 2003 09:53 pm, SkArcher wrote:
>> >On Wednesday 30 July 2003 09:16 pm, Daniel Lepage wrote:
>> >[snip]

>rule
>> >
>> >I agree, and propose:
>> >{{
>> >__More is less__
>> >
>> >Repeal rule 1592.
>> >}}
>>
>> r1592 is intended to stop the horrible sprawl of rules across the entire
>> database that happened with the grid. If it happens with multiple
>subgames
>> the rules base will become a huge mess of rubbish that is almost
>impossible
>> to wade thru
>>
>> If you don't like it in its current form, modify it, don't just repeal it
>> and leave us open to the problem
>
>[[How about requiring a keyword for all rules devoted soley to one
>subgame?]]
>
>I replace my as-yet-unrecognized prop __More is less__ with:
>{{
>__More is less__
>
>Replace rule 1592 with:
>{{
>All rules devoted soley to one subgame (that is, where only that subgame
>would
>be directly affected by its repeal) must have as a keyword the name of the
>subgame.
>}}
>}}

Needs to go on spoon-business.  While you're moving it there, you may want to replace "soley" with "solely".

Also, you (or whoever replaces the rule) might want to say precisely what a subgame is, so that Go doesn't potentially become a chocolate eclair.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower