Glotmorf on 30 Jul 2003 12:38:22 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 46 BALLOT

On 7/30/03 at 3:12 AM Anything McGee wrote:

>>Proposal 1600/0: What was that again? (Glotmorf)
>No.  [[Smearing is undefined.]]

That's not a bug, it's a feature.  The rule itself provides for undefined actions, and giving an eclair actions (even if they aren't defined) serves to regulate eclairs so that someone can't use r18 on them.

The idea is to have some resolution for orphaned objects -- objects that were created because the ruleset called for it, then had no definition because the ruleset was changed.  We've had a couple instances of this, so I'm suggesting any orphaned actions have no effect, and any orphaned objects are essentially chocolate eclairs, which have orphaned actions attached to them.

Besides, some day we may wish to smear eclairs on one another.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower