Daniel Lepage on 28 Jul 2003 04:39:32 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Nomic Chess

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 01:51  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

We used to call this Siamese chess, at least the basic four-player kind. Really needed a clock to play, so you don't get lockups from both sides waiting for their partners to do something. Made for some truly bizarre strategies, as well as pawns on the first row. And it could ruin your regular game...you did NOT want to go into a tournament match and find yourself waiting for a knight...

Do you anticipate a way of creating extra pieces? Or would cashing in a piece or pieces for other pieces result in general game entropy?

Well, the previously suggested ruleset allows the purchasing of pieces that are on the piecelist for some sort of currency... we could just do that; or they could be awarded for winning games. Or even for winning other games - every piece you capture in Go gives you a Pawn in chess, or something funky like that.

--
Wonko