Glotmorf on 26 Jul 2003 00:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Ow.

On 7/25/03 at 8:02 PM bd wrote:

>Seems to me like the game exploded again. That said, could someone
>summarize
>what, if anything, we know happened over the past nweek or so? Reading the
>spoon-business messages [[ in the wrong order, accidentally ]] made my
>head
>hurt...

Well, first of all, Wonko decided the rules said e could be a dimship and tried to move in the direction of Charm for a win.  E eventually conceded to my argument that there's a rule that says how someone could move in the direction of Charm, and how e did it wasn't the way, and therefore e didn't win.  So no win for Wonko.  There was a CFI on it, and I ruled against the win.

Secondly, someone (McGee or SkArcher, I don't remember which) tried putting a clause in a proposal that said, "If this proposal fails, take this action," which kicked off a big argument about whether you could have "if this fails" clauses in proposals.  This led to a flurry of proposals (including mine :P) that essentially said, "I win.  If this proposal fails, I still win."  Common feeling (not to mention common sense) is that failure clauses don't work, but no one wants to be left out if someone's handing out wins, so a couple of us jumped on the Baron's bandwagon for eir prop rewrite.  I believe there's a CFI on it.  Rob summed it all up rather nicely, I thought, when e said, "You're all fucking nuts."

Then there was talk of Rob's subgame and the Baron's desire to implement World of Time magick...but you said the past week, right?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower