Daniel Lepage on 17 Jul 2003 04:08:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Points

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 10:24  PM, Craig wrote:

R18 in no way shape or form restricts what can be done. Rather, r18
permits certain actions to be performed, if they are unregulated; r18
is thus entirely irrelevant to this discussion, because I don't need it
to permit my actions.

Rather, my actions are permitted by r407, which states that it is
possible to move in dimensions. So I did. R18 doesn't come into it.

Movement in the dimension of points is regulated by the ruleset, and
therefore you may only move
as defined in the ruleset. No rule states that you may move in the
dimension of points simply by
declaring that you do so. Your action is therefore not a permitted one.

No rule says that he can't. In fact, there is a rule that says e can move in
dimensions, and it doesn't specify that points are excluded.

Of course, no rule says that such a movement gets em anything. I'm with the Baron on this one: e moved, and nothing changed as a result except for eir
location.

Such movement increases my Score, which is defined to be the number of points in my possession. Thus, such movement increases the number of points in my possession.

If this is not the case, then I'd like to claim the Win I should have gotten when I acquired infinite points form the Number Game; the Speed Limit sets the score, not the 'number of points'. If my move was illegal, then so is the Speed Limit. Either way, I've won.

But I definitely think that the Speed Limit works, and thus that my method of gaining points works too.

--
Wonko