Craig on 17 Jul 2003 02:42:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Foomp

>>> -Rule 21 states "Whenever a rule states that a player receives points,
>>> the number of points in eir possession shall be increased
>>> accordingly." No rule states that you recieved points. And no rule
>>> states that "moving in the Score dimension" and "recieving points" are
>>> the same thing, so therefore you moved, but got no points as as
>>> result. Ditto for every other dimension. So... you're now at a totally
>>> random location with nothing else changed. Interesting.-
>>
>>According to r154 [[Dimensions]], "Score" is a nickname for "The number
>>of points in one's possession". By my previous logic, I can change my
>>score; this is equivalent to changing the number of points in my
>>possession, because that's what score is.
>>
>>Saying "ditto for every other dimension" is in this case completely
>>nonsensical; there is no equivalent of a 'point' in the other
>>dimensions.
>>
>>And that bit of r21 has absolutely nothing to do with this. In fact,
>>that sentence has absolutely nothing to do with *anything*; it's purely
>>redundant. Of course if I get a point, I now have that point.
>>
>>And I did get points, by increasing the number of points in my
>>possession.
>>
>-No, what you're saying is "The points in my possession have increased,
therefore I recieve those points," which is not the same and is not
>allowed.

>It should be noted that Rule 154 /also/ says "A Dimension can in general
have any real number as its value." Now, by your logic we can set
>the values of our dimensions, yes? Okay, then. I change the value of my
Score, Charm, BAC, Activity, Entropy, and Style to "any real
>number," noting that those undefined values are within the limits set by
the subsections of 154 that define those dimensions. Now, this
>doesn't mean that I win, but it does mean that either you didn't win either
or we've got to do the SOE dance again.

Oh yeah? Well I set all of *my* dimensions to the limit as n goes to
infinity of the nth power of the sum of one and thrice the reciprocal of n.

>I declare a State of Emergency.-

Try doing it on a public forum.

Hey, let's all print up a bunch of t-shirts saying "B Nomic Players Do It In
Public."

 -- Teucer

"You should definitely use objective, rational means to arrive at a
considered opinion. I recommend flipping a coin."
 -Mark Shoulson

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx