Craig on 17 Jul 2003 02:38:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

>>> Isn't Shadar Haran that Myrdraal who issues all of the Dark Lord's
>>>commands?
>>
>>We could just declare that the title of the third minister is Ba'alzamon,
>>and that Drones are Shadowspawn of various types, by level:
>>
>-Hmm... how about: -

>>0 Trolloc
>>1 Darkfriend

I sense editing. This takes care of Vague Evil nicely, but Trolloc shouldn't
be what any Drone who is uninvolved is.

>>2 Myrdraal
>>3 Dreadlord
>>4 Black Ajah (nothing up to this can normally channel)

I thought the Dreadlords could channel?

::checks glossary:: If Dreadlords can't channel, it's news to Jordan.

>>5 Forsaken
>>6 Ba'alzamon (the sixth level is the Minister)

Exactly. Ba'alzamon, which in the Trolloc tongue means "Great Heart of the
Dark", is the Darkfriends' name for the Dark One. Or did I put it as the
seventh level by mistake?

>>Of course, Vague Evil doesn't exist in the books, and Myrdraal isn't
really
>>a rank, but oh well. Once the kinks get worked out, it's a good idea. Or
you
>>can wait a month and get the final version of my c-p-p.
>>
>-What if instead of this, we simply had there be a Black Ajah? (They aren't
mutually exclusive ideas, but it's easier not to have two types
>of Black Ajah, so it would be easier to pick one or the other.) People
could be Black Ajah and they would report to the Minister of the
>Black Ajah (Alviarin?) for some of their channeling actions and to the
appropriate other Minister for others, and would have a second pool
>of mana for evil purposes, tracked by the Black Ajah minister (with regular
reports to Dave to make sure everything is in order; don't want
>them to be /too/ evil, now), whose identity would also be secret.

Hm, that might be fun. Of course, there would have to be some corresponding
evil group among the Asha'man. Also, you shouldnn't be able to join the
Black Ajah until you are full Aes Sedai.

We could also have a player or two be declared to be a Forsaken in disguise,
reporting to the Minister of the Black Ajah and having powers vastly
superior to those they seem to everyone else to have.

Oh, and maybe the Forsaken get to know who is Black Ajah. Or maybe not.

And the power can only be used as a weapon if you are certain the victim is
Black Ajah or Forsaken.

>Of course, knowing this game, we'd end up with a secret society consisting
of everyone. Newbies beware.-

I was about to mention that.

But you simply have to limit who can join.

 -- Teucer

"Best case scenario: free ice cream for all. Worst case scenario: World War
3-27"
 -carbon

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx