Craig on 17 Jul 2003 02:25:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Points

>>> I (unsurprisingly) Call for Inquiry on this claim, naming the
>>> defendant as Wonko
>>>
>>> Statement: Wonko did not just score a Win
>>>
>>> Reasoning: It is possible to move within a Space in the directions
>>> indicated by
>>> Components. [[r407, Space]] - however, methods of such movement are
>>> defined in the rules, therefore rule 18
>>> [[Permissibility of the Unprohibited]] which states that 'With the
>>> exception of Rule Changes whatever is not
>>> prohibited or regulated by the Ruleset is permitted and unregulated.'
>>> means that wonkos moves, which take place
>>> in a defined and regulated part of the gamestate, are invalid due to
>>> them being an undefined method of such
>>> movement
>>
>>R18 in no way shape or form restricts what can be done. Rather, r18
>>permits certain actions to be performed, if they are unregulated; r18
>>is thus entirely irrelevant to this discussion, because I don't need it
>>to permit my actions.
>>
>>Rather, my actions are permitted by r407, which states that it is
>>possible to move in dimensions. So I did. R18 doesn't come into it.

>Movement in the dimension of points is regulated by the ruleset, and
therefore you may only move
>as defined in the ruleset. No rule states that you may move in the
dimension of points simply by
>declaring that you do so. Your action is therefore not a permitted one.

No rule says that he can't. In fact, there is a rule that says e can move in
dimensions, and it doesn't specify that points are excluded.

Of course, no rule says that such a movement gets em anything. I'm with the
Baron on this one: e moved, and nothing changed as a result except for eir
location.

 -- Teucer

"I hope I can live up to having a seat next to you in hell."
 -John Cowan

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx