SkArcher on 16 Jul 2003 12:12:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

> I've completely lost track of this discussion, but in the context of
>the WoT proposal, one could have both the other Ministers (Amyrlin,
>Dragon, Haran) be responsible for each third, which would give a
>certain layer of backup.

christ guys, 74 posts over night...

anyway, the major flaws in the barons idea for a rule is that it is too big and too complex to stand
up well, especially if the ministers in charge disappear. It also has the unfortuanate tendency of
being too powerful, too reliant on outside sources and in total, rather crufty.

The Duties system i propd a while back is designed to hold those actions that have to be recognised
without the need for a permanent minister, or further overloading the admin. I'm writing up a game
that uses the Duties for the recognition system at the moment, and should be with you next nweek.
maybe.

If the Barons idea was contained in a subgame then it would not be so much of a problem, as it would
not impact on the rest of the ruleset and I would be able to utterly ignore it

SkArcher