Craig on 16 Jul 2003 03:48:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

>>> -Not unless you want to destroy all the Ministries for the same reason
>>> and give all the work back to Dave. Every new person who does some
>>> work increases the odds that we have a pause in some section of the
>>> game. This is nothing new. So why is it a big problem now?-
>>
>>Because small pauses in things like Gnomes and the Force don't make
>>that much of a difference. Pauses in things like The Grid, though, have
>>been very bad. For a similarly large Ministry, such as your proposed
>>Source ministry, I imagine this would be a significant problem.
>-This assumes a steady stream of channeling actions, which I'm not sure
we'll see. But we can establish failsafes anyway. What if the
>M'Hael/Keeper were backup ministers? And what if they were simply the most
experienced, as opposed to most experienced and fully trained?
>Would that help some?-
>>
>>Actually, I've been thinking about how to take care of pauses in
>>ministries in general, because they are bad and annoying. A delay of a
>>day or two is only to be expected; we can't reasonably demand that
>>every minister check eir email every day. But long delays are bad in
>>any ministry, even the small ones.
>>
>>If we set up a Wiki system, then I can see this working; we could
>>establish societies in charge of maintaining things like the Grid, and
>>the Duties system can handle all the trivial ministries.
>>
>-Do we have the people to make "societies" worthwhile?-

If not, we just mention ourselves in a few more magazines and presto!

 -- Teucer

"Are we adjorned? Or just completely ignoring order?"
 -JordanDeLong