Craig on 16 Jul 2003 02:53:01 -0000

RE: [Spoon-business] RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

>>> -Ah... I was wondering how education (Title 9),
>>> bankruptcy (11), and copyright (17) were all being
>>> clumped... well, why stop at ignoring US law? Why
>>> not declare B Nomic a sovereign nation? Or would the
>>> Marines come in, take Dave prisoner, and set up a
>>> democracy if we did that?-
>>
>>We'd need a land mass, I think.  And perhaps a mailing
>>address.  Though they perhaps don't have to be the
>>same thing, so we get a PO box in Lichtenstein and
>>rent a rock promontory off the coast of Venezuela.
>>
>-Just declare all of our houses (or our share of the apartment/dorm) B
Nomic territory. Those of us in the US might be able to do it, too.
>Not only is there a precedent (that little hulabaloo in the 1860s), but
we're expected to rise up against unjust rulers (like the yahoos
>running the show now)... okay, so that won't help much, so just don't make
a big deal out of it. Maybe we can convince Bush we've been here
>all along and he'll recognize us to not look totally stupid.-

I'm on the "Geofiction" mailing list, where people discuss their invented
countries/worlds/whatever. On said list, I recently suggested that some of
the nations that pretend to be on Earth suggest alliances with Andorra.

 -- Teucer

"Deep down inside, today still thinks it's June 2."
 -clsn