SkArcher on 15 Jul 2003 20:38:01 -0000

Re: RE: [Spoon-business] RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

15/07/2003 21:05:05, "Craig" <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>Since the difference between laws and rules is solely in who makes them
>and
>>>what the penalties are for breaking them, I think we can get away with
>this
>>>solution:
>>>
>>>I propose:
>>>{{
>>>For the purposes of B Nomic, those rules collectively known as the United
>>>States Code are repealed.
>>>}}
>>>
>>-Code of what? And can we kill the Patriot Act while we're at it?-
>
>The US Code is a single document of incredible length that contains all of
>our law (except for the constitution and the equally-important
>precedent-setting court cases). Various pieces of legislation amend it. It
>is, in essence, the ruleset of the United States. By repealing the US Code,
>we lose *all* of American law, including both copyrights and the Patriot
>Act.

*ahem*

as a resident of the United Kingdoms of England, Wales, Scotland and Ulster, I would like to point out that copyright infringement is legally considered to have
taken place in the country where the material is perused, not the location of origin or publication.

SkArcher