SkArcher on 15 Jul 2003 01:31:00 -0000

Re: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

15/07/2003 02:23:37, "Baron von Skippy" <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>/me bangs head against monitor
>>
>>could we try not cluttering up the rules with fantasy references this time, remember that things
got confusing when the rules worked counter intuitively to the
>>way everyone thought they should because of the background? *coughsirenscough*
>>
>-What would you have us clutter up the rules with? This will work, I think, because it /is/ a
fantasy reference referring to a very large body of work which we can more or less use as our
guidelines. The Ministers in charge, for example, would be expected to try to keep the books in
mind when making their decisions. And if you haven't read the books, that's also fine because a)
you'll feel less bound to only use what the books use, and b) This series has spawned countless
web pages, which I'll probably be using as references more than the books, as it's easier to find
stuff in them.

>Seriously, though, this ruleset is going to get cluttered. That happens. And there will be
references. That also happens. What would you prefer we refer to?-

If it isn't written in the ruleset of B Nomic, it doesn't count.

I haven't read past the first half of the first book of this series, and I am certainly not going
to trawl a bunch of badly written geocities websites for obscure points on how it is supposed to
work.

Write rules that work in the context of B Nomic and B Nomic alone, not ones that rely on an
outside source please (pun intended)

SkArcher