SkArcher on 10 Jul 2003 11:45:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Grid II Prop

10/07/2003 12:27:13, "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 7/10/03 at 10:53 AM SkArcher wrote:

>>I was kind of hoping to avoid using players as their own pieces in games.
>>It leads to uncertainty
>>and odd things happening. Remember the Improbable having the ability to
>>destroy anything that was
>>'not required by the ruleset to exist'? - which technically included
>>players?
>
>I try to forget that, actually. :)  But that wasn't what I meant.  Wonko is
trying to build a general class of objects that could include the Grid, so
that there can be more than one of these objects and the Grid can be one of
them.  My suggestion might not be incompatible with this...I'm suggesting each
player can have one of those objects for free for eir very own, that e can
design rules for.  The player isn't (necessarily) an object in a Location; a
Location is an object belonging to a player.

>But perhaps you're right, that there should be a rule that says a player per
se can't be an object in a Location...though a player can, under the right set
of circumstances, claim ownership of a piece in a Location that represents the
player.

>Then we throw in bridges between locations, created by the mutual agreement
of whatever body of players collectively controls both ends of the bridge...

Mutual-consent interdimensional bridges...?

This game now takes a turn for farscape i see :)

I'm putting together a game atm (which keeps getting delayed as I have good
ideas :P) which defines the game pieces as the property of the players, just
for safetys sake :)

SkArcher