Glotmorf on 3 Jul 2003 18:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 44 BALLOT

On 7/2/03 at 11:20 PM Joel Uckelman wrote:

>Thus spake "Glotmorf":
>>
>> What I don't know about is scripting.  Does a wiki allow pages to be=
>>  cgi-scripted (perl) or inline-scripted (php)?
>>
>> 						Glotmorf
>
>Pick a popular language, there's probably been a wiki written in it. I like
>PHPwiki (I even wrote some code that may still be in it), but sadly there
>hasn't been much activity since the beginning of the year.
>
>If you find a wiki you like, and you guys want to use it, tell me so I can
>set one up for you.

Actually, what I was asking was how pages are typically stored in a wiki.  If they're stored as mySQL entries, how could a page be set up to do scripting, such as a mySQL database retrieval?

I should probably look into wikis myself and get an answer to that...:)

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower