Daniel Lepage on 29 Jun 2003 19:57:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Subgame?

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 05:40  AM, Iain Scott wrote:

Rob Speer:
Next nweek - after we're done nuking the Grid and stuff like that - I'm
going to propose Political Go.

That looks like fun... though I wouldnt bother with A-nomics stuff about buying and selling stones, etc..

(On a 13x13 board, not a 19x19 one, thus
fixing the big problem that it had on A Nomic.)

Or perhaps evan smaller? while a, say, 9x9 board is less intresting, it would be significantly quicker, which I suspect is important for the enjoyment factor when played via B-nomic...

The "turn order" in that
game was simple enough - you get to make one move in each span of time
equivalent to the proposed "checkpoints". Within that time, if you move
first, you, well, move first. A little bonus for people who are paying
attention.

Though there would have to be some form of resulution when two conflicting moves (say puting a stone down in the same spot) where made at approximately the same time...

On the Grid (when moves took effect at the end of the nweek) this was done simply by canceling illegal moves. If I try to put a stone down where you just put one, whichever hits the forum first wins, and the other placer's move fails.

--
Wonko