Daniel Lepage on 26 Jun 2003 05:53:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Subgame?

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 12:10  AM, Rob Speer wrote:

It had the significant advantage that it kept track of itself - you made
a move by posting the new board position to the -business list.

Say, how do people feel about Chess subgames? That's something else that could be tracked as Rob describes.

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|BRk|BKn|BBi|BKi|BQu|BBi|BKn|BRk|
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|BPn|BPn|BPn|BPn|BPn|BPn|BPn|BPn|
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|   |   |   |   |WPn|   |   |   |
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|WPn|WPn|WPn|WPn|   |WPn|WPn|WPn|
|WRk|WKn|WBi|WKi|WQu|WBi|WKn|WRk|

Of course, that's not exactly conducive to multiplayer play... but perhaps something could be devised.

I think regardless of what we come up with, a Turn Order should be implemented - there are many, many games that could use such a system.

--
Wonko