Daniel Lepage on 26 Jun 2003 03:16:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Distributed Responsibility

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 08:37  PM, SkArcher wrote:

Create the following rule;

{{__Duties__

B. All Duties must be listed within the text of this rule, for ease of reference, and if a Duty is specifically related to another rule then a reference or link to that rule must be provided. Any Duty which is not listed within the text of this rule is not a Duty, even if it claims to be so. This rule takes
precedence over all other rules for the purposes of defining Duties.

D. The following is the current list of Duties;

}}

I don't like this bit. I greatly prefer having things in separate rules, if for no better reason than that it makes writing code to change things easier, since repealing/creating a new Duty means simply deleting/making a new database entry.

If it were required that all Duties be defined in rules with the keyword Duty, the same functionality would be provided, but without the need for one absurdly long rule.

--
Wonko