Glotmorf on 21 Jun 2003 16:52:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] The time has come, the Walrus said...

On 6/21/03 at 12:26 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>I'm not yet formally resigning, but I would certainly welcome ideas.
>Anything from a simple "amend the Admin rule to put in someone else's
>name" to whatever your deviant minds can come up with.

Well...shit, dude.

Okay...let's break this down into some key questions:

1. Are we sticking with the game?

I've been a little burned out on actually coming up with stuff and arguing it out (Wonko knew better...he wouldn't argue with Mr. in a Spacesuit; he'd let me do that and burn myself out on it, then just undo everything that was done), so I'm bordering on drone status.  Is everyone else up for continuing?

2. What sort of administration processing time delay is acceptable?

Dave is worried that his life won't allow him to continue in the administrative capacity at all...that it's not a question of how long it'd take to complete processing a turn as much as  that his real-life demands/options would impede the game to the point of non-functionality.  If someone other than Dave were to attempt to do the job, what sort of wait-time would be considered acceptable and non-excessive?  My view on admin wait-time has been, "Take however long it takes, as long as we can rest assured it'll eventually get done."  On the other hand, we had that one miscreant who was willing to drag our name through the mud because of wait-time.  How long is too long?

3. How necessary is it to separate administrative duties from playerness?

We've already got ministers for a bunch of things.  What's left that absolutely requires a central administrator, and what about that which is left requires or begs a non-player admin?  I still think automation would go a long way, but I'll acknowledge that won't solve everything.

This about cover it?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower