Glotmorf on 29 May 2003 02:37:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 42 BALLOT

On 5/28/03 at 9:28 PM Craig wrote:

>>> NO - Even if this passed, you would still get kicked in the ass every
>>> time you did it, because Pseudocode is inherently annoying to anyone who
>>> honestly couldn't give a damn about coding. I'd encourage you to declare
>>> this fatally flawed.
>
>>I don't really see how pseudocode is any more annoying than poetry or song
>>form. If anything, it should be easier to understand. (Perl, on the other
>>hand, I can understand, and I imagine I'll try and stay away from doing
>>that again. After all, God speaks in Perl, so I'm not surprised that some
>>mere mortals have difficulty with it ;-) ) Besides, you shouldn't worry,
>>it'll fail anyway.
>
>Even though I can't follow perl, I have no problem with pseudocode. If you
>want to communicate an algorithm to me, in fact, pseudocode is the only way
>to go - I've forgotten all the real programming I knew, since I haven't
>ever
>cared enough to practice. BUT, I recognize that not everyone, not even all
>Nomic players, are able to understand pseudocode. As long as you are
>talking
>to those who do not know enough of the theory of computer programming to
>follow pseudocode, it is probably the most self-righteously
>eliter-than-thou
>geek action availible to you.

Of course it isn't.  Exercising one's seniority for the sole purpose of making a point and belittling another player is.  You'd know that if you'd been around this game as long as I have.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower