Daniel Lepage on 27 May 2003 23:45:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] LOGAS

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 06:15  PM, Mark Karasek wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2003 17:20:07 -0400, Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can I get a complete copy of the LOGAS somewhere?

I believe it's part of the Roster.

Thanks. I've now reread the pseudocode rule. Since what counts as pseudocode
can be redefined by precedent, and since everything abhorrent about
pseudocode is at least as applicable to real code, I Kick the Pusher Robot in the Ass. Perl is wonderful, but it should not be used for non- programming
purposes.

Ah, didn't realize that was on the LOGAS. Anyway, the proposal still stands. What's wrong with pseudocode?

I think people mostly dislike it 'cause the non-programmers get confused. I don't particularly want to have to learn Perl in order to understand props... maybe if they were written in Python or C++, that would be okay.

Python's certainly more readable than any of the others.

for rule in ruleset:
	rule.text.swapcase()

--
Wonko