Daniel Lepage on 27 May 2003 20:07:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Keywords

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 06:13  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

On 5/26/03 at 6:04 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

Say, looking at the ruleset, I notice that most of the rules seem to be
uncategorized in terms of keywords. Also, there are some seemingly
random inconsistencies... like that 17 rules have the keyword "gnome";
but for some reason there's one other with kw "gnomes".

It also occurred to me that it might be helpful to assign each rule a
'primary keyword'; thus, by looking at the entire ruleset sorted by
primary keyword would show each rule exactly once, sorted by what
they're most relevant to.

Any thoughts about any of this?

I think we may be looking at a Keyword Minister...:)

I'd be willing to do that. In two weeks, at least, once I've got some free time.

I don't know how easy it would be for Dave to permit somebody to change the keywords field of the database without giving them access to anything else (my SQL skills are rudimentary at best, so I have no idea how all the GRANT stuff works); on the other hand, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for em to write a script that takes, say, a list of rnumber:(keywords) pairs and assigns them to the rules, and I could easily generate a list like that.

--
Wonko