Daniel Lepage on 21 May 2003 20:35:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday night)

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 12:04  AM, David E. Smith wrote:

Wonko is elected as Minister of Quotes. (By the way, all the quote props
passed.)

Said Quotes are now on display on an offshoot of the Force Ministry site. How does it look to people? I seem to recall that the PRE tag doesn't work the same way on every system; I don't know how it looks to all of you.

(Which reminds me. I claimed that several of Wonko's recent actions failed because e had no points. My reasoning is this: The first 250 points Wonko earned last nweek were, per Wonko's Automation Script, transferred to the CashBox. E earned no points after that, as they were converted to Style. A number of Wonko's attempted actions required points; Wonko had none on
em, and never explicitly stated that e was taking points from the
CashBox.)

The Speed Limit does not prevent me from gaining more than 250 points per nweek; it stops me from having more than 250 more than I had at the beginning. My automation scrip specified that I gave all my points to the Cashbox *except* when those points came from the Cashbox. So what happened was this: The CashBox got all my points. Its score went up until it hit 1000. It gave me 1000 points. I got a number of those equal to how many I'd given it originally, plus 250. Gaining any more would have pushed me past 250+(my starting score); so the remnant was stashed away as Style. I retained that (starting + 250). Now, when I made a bunch of purchases, nothing particularly impressive happened - I paid points for it, my score dipped, and then upon the next 1000-point dump, my score went back up to my starting score + 250 again, adding the remainder to my ever-increasing pile of Style. Of course, none of these purchases matter in the post-apocalyptic world 'cept the speeders and the gifts to everyone else.

Orc gives the Pink Scarf to Wonko. The latter gains no Style for it, as
e's got too damn much already.

There's no such thing as too much Style :)

(Ministers: please do whatever you need to do for said Entropy oops. The Grid needs to be mostly cleared, all Gnomes are destroyed, Insta-Rules are
reset, and so on. See r154 for further elucidation.)

Done.

--
Wonko