Emil Bleehall on 21 May 2003 12:00:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Declaration of Peace

But that doesn't mean, Baron, that those who disagree aren't entitled to their own fun, even if we don't find it as exciting. Perhaps their ruleset is very slow by our standards; but I don't see why that means we can't have peaceful interactions with them.
Wonko

Ya know, not that it matters (which is why it's in this list...), but a significant point is being missed. It's not that they are thoughtful, deliberate, cautious players so much as that they specialize in the trivial. They spend fully half their time deciding exactly how and when they can formally congratulate each other on the cleverness of the new proposal to congratulate each other! Medals of honor, "koodles" to you... these are the things that make them happy. Process? Change? Innovation? Bah, don't bother us with that.

Still, I'm playing, and I've actually found a few things to vote for. Don't want to be known as the twerp who votes against everything in a reflexive spasm. I don't anticipate that they'll ever feel the need to communicate with other nomics, but should that change, I stand ready to man my post as a completely ineffective and sub-competent career civil servant.

Emil "I voted for Nixon. No, the other Nixon" Bleehall