SkArcher on 19 May 2003 08:50:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Clock is Off

19/05/2003 09:22:44, "Orc In A Spacesuit" <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Clock is Off
>>Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:16:35 -0400
>>
>>Having returned from visiting with some friends in Baltimore (where it
>>rained pretty much the whole time), I take some actions and do some
>>discussion:
>>
>>On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 04:18  PM, David E. Smith wrote:
>>
>>>The new rules have been added already, but (as usual) I haven't yet
>>>updated the Roster to reflect all those changes. A few new rules were
>>>passed, Orc made my head explode again with a prop that changed about
>>>a zillion rules, all the quote props passed. The "only one Number
>>>Game guess per nweek" prop did pass, so Wonko can get rid of the
>>>obnoxious (though clever) automation script.
>>
>>I do so.
>>It was very tempting to declare that prop Fatally Flawed at the last
>>possible second... that would have given me a Win... oh well... :)
>
>On the note that that's possbily abuseable, I propose the following:
>{{__Oh no you don't__
>Change the second sentence of setion E.5 of Rule 15 to "If a proposal
>declared to be fatally flawed in this manner passes, its effects do not take
>place and it is instead shelved, unless the Administrator decides
>otherwise."}}

would it not be better to link the passing of fatally flawed declarations to the voting - perhaps if the prop
gets over 75% of the vote then it will pass, even if fatally flawed - mind you this could have repercussions too

I still prefer democracy to making Dave do it, as i'm sure there will come to be situations when Dave won't want
to, as there is an arguement in either direction, as it were.

SkArcher

But really, World Domination is only a hobby of mine
 - Jordan Kennedy, www.exploitationnow.com