Glotmorf on 14 May 2003 04:29:01 -0000

RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Force vs. Source

On 5/13/03 at 8:46 PM Craig wrote:

>>Correspondence is the sphere of choice :)
>
>Cor 1 is needed to do almost anything at a distance. My favorite character
>of mine is an Ecstatic with virtually no training. Arete 2, and his magic
>fires whenever he gets into an altered state - the preferred one being the
>nervousness that comes with his job; he's a thief. His only rote is one
>that
>makes him supernaturally aware of his surroundings, allowing for easy
>evasion of security guards, cops, technocrats, nephpandi, etc. I would go
>on
>about RPGs all day, but I'm aware it probably isn't of general interest.
>
>BTW, we should add killer gazebos as grid objects.

Actually, corr 2 is needed to do anything at a distance.  Corr 1 is for doing something that covers an area, like scanning a room for life forms (very important if you're in a possible vampire bar).  My Virtual Adept combined corr 1, matter 1, mind 1 and forces 2, plus a study of topology, to scan a room full of books, recording each book as a single image (remember, a donut is topologically the same as a coffee cup) to OCR over time.  He'd use this, upping to corr 2 and adding time 2, to scan ancient destroyed libraries.  Before the MUSH he was on melted down, he was looking for a Nahuatl interpreter.

Stat the gazebos like llamas so they have a gore attack.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower