Daniel Lepage on 14 May 2003 02:24:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Force vs. Source

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 10:00  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

From: SkArcher <SkArcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
13/05/2003 23:53:51, "Craig" <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By the way, if you've ever played the RPG Mage: the Ascension, from White Wolf, then you can replace the standard nine Spheres with the Five Powers to
and use the same system to perfectly mimic how the One Power works.

Mmm, i really like mage, it requires a great cunning and a lot of thought to play properly, but it is such a versatile game

Correspondence is the sphere of choice :)

SkArcher

Well, we can do Mage stuff if you want. Whatever's proposed, looks interesting, won't give anyone a particular advantage *coughjedicough*, and won't cause Dave to lose his sanity.

What's wrong with giving people advantages? My feeling is that if somebody gains some particular power or advantage, the solution should not be to confiscate it, but rather to provide advantages for other players to counteract it.

I also like the idea of some player rising to become more powerful than all the others through diligence and hard work. Otherwise, what's the point?

--
Wonko