Daniel Lepage on 13 May 2003 21:11:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first persontoidentify the quote...

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 10:08  PM, Craig wrote:

The question, of course, is what happens if B Nomic steals the Oath
Rod.
Might be fun to add.

-Oh gods. Well, I think we'd have to throw out that pansy "never use the Source as a weapon" thing. Probably have to discard "never tell a lie,"
too.
What's the third one again?-

Don't make weapons. But I was thinking if people just used the Rod, rather
than making the same three Oaths.

-I'd say we break the third one a lot, then...-

The idea of adding the Oath Rod is not to make all Aes Sedai bound by the
Three Oaths of the Jordan books. Those were added late in the Age of
Legends, IIRC, and if we decide to allow male channellers without madness, we are basically saying that it is at the latest that Age. The question is
what would happen if some of the more powerful items of the Power were
added. Like the Oath Rod, or the Sword That Cannot Be Touched. Or perhaps
a'dam might be fun...

What about the Mindtraps? Now *that* would be interesting...

--
Wonko