Daniel Lepage on 11 May 2003 15:31:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first person to identify the quote...

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 05:14  AM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
All Aes Sedai are female - males who can use their power eventually go insane and kill people

Well, there's three ways to deal with that. The first is to use the fact that at the time given in the books, the male part of the Source is tainted, causing all the bad stuff. We can say that our Source isn't. Second, we can incorporate the madness into the game, causing males to have a Madness attribute that increases with power use, and causes the player to do random Bad Things. Third, we can say that the male players are already insane and out to kill others, and dealing with the Source won't change any of that.

Gender does very little right now, so maybe it should be related to this.-

Gender should be very much related to Aes'Sedai, determing what -'angraels they can use in what way, and how powerful they tend to be in each of the 5 areas. Those areas are Fire, Water, Spirit, and two others, I believe. I remember that healing used Water and Spirit.

Earth and Air are the others.

Personally, if we implement this, I'd like to see Whoopass and Bogosity added... but maybe that's just me.

--
Wonko