Orc In A Spacesuit on 11 May 2003 04:05:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposals

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Okay, I've got a bunch of random ideas, so I'm going to propose them because I'm like that.

I propose:
{{
__But I don't WANT to be a toad... er... penguin... thing!__
People will have to get themselves there first. And I doubt you captor has any intention of doing that. Other than that, I think it could provide a much-too-easy way to reduce BAC or other negative affects, as the bad things induced by the Simplifier won't always apply.

__So are we going to use these nice Stats?__

[[Suggestions are welcomed here. I only had thought up Goof Gas when I started, and I figured I'd leave a nice framework around for other people to fill in. It's a pretty framework.]]

I think the effects you propose are way too powerful. Even a single point increase can make a difference. Also, I don't like the idea of them being easily purchaseable; maybe that could work for some items, but I had more of a 'do a quest' type thing in mind, with rare, sought-after items. Other than that, the framework looks nice. Hmm... What about creating templates for several different +1 and +2stat items, then passing a random one out to each player?

I propose:
{{
__I'm the half can!__

Whoopass is powerful, dangerous stuff. Trying to get it should be risky. But I agree, it shouldn't be so simple to blow up a Whoopass extractor. Rather than making Monoliths impossible to destroy, how about making the destruction a bit preventable? Maybe allow people to catch objects headed for within one space of eir location. Maybe allow Airborne objects to be targeted with more things to deflect them?

Orc in a Spacesuit