Orc In A Spacesuit on 5 May 2003 00:58:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Veni, Vidi, Vacancy

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>As the force rule states that the object is moved from its current
>>location, that would mean you wer moving of your own free will, therefore
>>you cannot
>>
>-Define "movement." I'm sure no definition out there as yet involves the
>expenditure of Force to lift oneself around the Grid. Therefore it's legal.-
>
>[[BvS]]

I don't have to define movement; the force rule states 'When a player Force Lifts an object,
that object is moved from its location to the targeted square.'

This explicitly states that the object in question is moved, and as you *are* the object, you are therefore moving, and under your own free will, which is explicitly outlawed in the Toad rules.

You can move other stuff about, but not yourself.

-Rule 301:
B.2. Movement
Once per nweek, any Player on the Grid may announce that e intends to move to a new (x,y) coordinate location. Unless otherwise prescribed by the rules, Players may only move from eir current location to any of the units surrounding eir current location. [[E.g. the x and y coordinates of a player's location may only be increased or decreased by 1 each nweek.]]

Since that's the accepted definition of "movement on the Grid," and since I'm not doing that, what I'm saying is still legal.

Also, using your logic, I could escape Wonko be announcing that I want to move wherever e does - any time e moves, clearly I am then moving of my own free will, and since I can't do that, I have to get left behind or perhaps my position is undefined, since it's not clear what is contrary to my free will.-

[[BvS]]

I agree; however, the judges of that CFI do not.

Orc in a Spacesuit