Craig on 2 May 2003 20:28:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Thermo] RE: [Nomicmarket] Nomic Market beginning.

>> sees
>>
>> >I think it needs to be rewritten to have the banks in B Nomic and thermo
>> >interact.
>>
>> I hereby turn my 3000 BNS into 3 Coins and bring them into Thermo.

>First, these actions of your's haven't been legal within Thermo.  Rule 0.5
hadn't yet been
>passed when you started these things.

Rule 0.5 would have explicitly granted me these powers. Instead, they were
implicitly granted by rule 4.4, as there are not any restrictions on
entering the market, even though there is no rule specifically saying that
there is one. I therefore CFJ on the following: There are currently no
restrictions in the rules on players entering the Nomic Market.

>Third, and I think that this is the most fundamental of these details,
There is no hazard *yet*
>to B Nomic's Bank and BNS;  There are effectively four "Object Types" in
question: (1)
>Thermo::Coins, (2) Market::Coins,  (3) B-Nomic::BNS,  (4) Market::BNS.

I agree that there is no hazard *yet*. The potential hazard, however, is
enough for me to pull back out.

>Craig's actions are as follows:
>1) Entering the market, without *any* ruleset powers from Thermo.

Rule 4.4

>2) Conjuring 2 Market::Coins out of thin air

They were the same two Coins that I had in Thermo.

>3) Converting these Coins into 2,000 Market::BNS

As the market rules explicitly empowered me to do.

>4) Conjuring an additional Market:Coin out of thin air

Which I had in Thermo.

>5) Converting that Coin into 1,000 Market::BNS

Again, the market ruleset lets me do this.

>6) Converting his 3,000 Market:BNS into 3 Market::Coins

And again.

>Thus, the concerns are really rather moot as Craig never had any
B-Nomic:BNS, with which to
>effect the B-NomicBank.  Also, Craig's actions, which were intended to
safe-guard his Coins,
>against a potentialls "dangerous" proposal within Thermo, were rather
silly, because they had no
>effect on his Thermo:Coins.

Yes, they did; the Thermo::Coins are the same objects as the Market::Coins,
the difference being in how they were being used. There was no net change,
however.