Daniel Lepage on 2 May 2003 01:12:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 40 VOTES

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 08:49  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

--- Orc In A Spacesuit <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I've made some mistakes, but everyone does, and they
certainly weren't done
with malicious intent.

I believe I said earlier, in one form or another, that
it's not your intent that concerns me.  It's the
effects of what you do that concerns me.

Therefore, it doesn't matter that your intent was
malicious, avaricious, apathitious or bubblicious.
The things you've done to societies have resulted in
various misfortunes, some of them mine, some of them
yours.  Because of this, I am inclined to assume that
other things you may do to societies will result in
further misfortunes.

I would appreciate it, then, that if you have the
intent to modify societies, whether that intent be
good, evil, greed-induced, whatever...Don't.  Just
don't.  Because I haven't liked seeing what has
happened, and I don't think I'll like seeing what may
happen.

I think part of the problem is that people are voting without reading. I didn't have time to read the prop when it was up for voting, so I voted against. Other people, though, also seem not to have read it carefully; and enough of them voted for it that it passed.

If we just took the time to examine things before voting for them, these problems wouldn't occur.

--
Wonko