Orc In A Spacesuit on 25 Apr 2003 02:15:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Nomic Market will begin whenever

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 4/24/03 at 5:48 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
Any player of any Nomic on the List may declare emself to be at the
Market,
subject to the rules of eir home Nomic.

"Home Nomic" isn't well-defined, and won't work well when players play in multiple Nomics; I would suggest that as a part of the declaration, a player must choose a Nomic on the List that e is is player of to be eir home Nomic.

You forget that nomics recognize things within their own spheres of existence. Therefore a player recognized in B Nomic is different from a player recognized in Thermodynomic, even if the corporeal entity driving both is the same.

Hmm, yes. We'll need to deal with the issue somehow. I suppose it would be best to recognize a player in multiple games as multiple entities, at least as far as the Market is concerned. Trading with yourself would essentially be moving your assets around... hey...

With the resets that B Nomic has, other Nomics could be used as "offshore accounts" to keep stuff that the rules would destroy. While I'm sure that a lot of people here would love to have such a thing set up for themselves, I think that it might be better to try to cut such things off. This seems akin to how there's a push here in B Nomic to try to seperate all the subgames.

Orc in a Spacesuit