Orc In A Spacesuit on 1 Apr 2003 03:58:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1416

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(The "Cards" prop.)

Various concerns...

At one point the prop says "Minister of Cards", but later says "Minister of Statkeeping".

Oops. That's the Statkeeper bug. It appears in every single prop I make involving minsters. Despite my attempts to avoid it.

I mislike the limitation that only one card can be traded for only one card.

I did that because that's how the original Pooker went. A reasoning for this would be that it would keep everyone's hands equal, and keep players from simply grouping together, giving one player all their cards, and splitting the massive rewards resulting from an abnormally large amount of cards.

In general, I would like this rule a lot more if it could be done in an automated manner, either through procmail or a webpage. It removes the burden from the Dealer to not cheat and resist bribery.

That would be great. I am afraid I lack the expertise to set it up, however.

Just a thought...Could the same thing be done with gnomes painted different colors?

Hmm. Sounds interesting. Though, we kinda already have a system like that; get a combination (hand) of gnomes, and you get points. But yeah, something like that would be quite interesting.

Orc in a Spacesuit