Orc In A Spacesuit on 1 Apr 2003 03:03:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] less judges

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 3/31/03 at 4:53 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>Now, I'd like to reiterate that it is not us _Ruling_ on the CFI; it is us
>_Agreeing_ on a ruling for the CFI, which the Upper House does the actual
>ruliing on.  Since it is possible to change my mind (to correct for
>errors,
>as in this case, or be conviced of another interpertaion), I can actually
>agree with someone that the correct interpertation is FALSE.
>
>FALSE FALSE FALSE.
>
>And since we're talking about the ruling, I would love to hear any
>analysis
>on part of anyone else as to why it would be true. As far as I know, I've
>disproved every iota of evidence saying it's true, while providing plenty
>saying it's false.

Please stop badgering the judges.

						Glotmorf

I am badgering no-one. My repeat of the word FALSE is a response to my stupid error of saying TRUE at first, and Dave's subsequent saying that I couldn't change my mind (which would have been true in the past). And in the completly seperate email in response to bd, I honestly thought he agreed with me, since he had made absolutly no statement disagreeing with me, and I assumed (as Wonko did) that he had been misled by my mistake. And in the completly seperate email to McGee, I was aware that McGee may be in disagreement with me, as I stated in said email, and I just wanted to make sure that he hadn't been misled by the stupid mistake I made. If he had given the slightest analysis, even just saying "I agree with Orc/bd", that wouldn't have been an issue.

And you include my asking for analysis. Asking for analysis would seem to be my duty as an Appellate Judge; we are supposed to agree on the correct interpertation, and either the interpertation is obvious and agreed upon by all, or someone's not seeing all of the picture correctly. And if we don't all agree, then we should discuss the issue until we do.

Orc in a Spacesuit