Orc In A Spacesuit on 29 Mar 2003 03:16:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] Lots of stuff

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Okay...I'll borrow Wonko's idea for identifying "new objects", calling them "second-generation objects", on the off-chance that we'll someday need "third-generation objects"...

And to think that Glotmorf has been the biggest objector to my uber-prop, and here he writes a prop for one of the parts he objected against.

How's that?  Any bugs?  What'd I forget?

I skimmed it, and in and of itself it appears fine, but regulating interaction will be a PITA. Especially when we start having large amounts of both new and old objects, and there's all sorts of interactions between them. Different rules were written at different times for different rulesets, and that leads to the incompatibility that makes any kind of new thing, like a can of whoopass affecting affecting all objects correctly, or a new grid item being properly destructed by a reset, properly recycleable, and so forth; it leads lots of rules listing lots of specific cases. And having two seperate groups of objects, each with a different set of rules governing them, will make this complication worse.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it'll work out too well.

Orc in a Spacesuit