Christopher Bartlett on 26 Mar 2003 05:46:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orcish Alcohol Tolerance

You shouldn't care that he won. You should slap him on the back and buy him a drink. He pulled a fast one, and it was brilliant. That's what the wins have been. Things that people, by and large, were impressed with /and then moved on from./ They're just wins, after all. It's not like they mean much other than a new title and a point of respect.-

[[BvS]]
All right, let's try this again. As things stand now, my Bnomic character Bridgeweaver loses nothing of value by Orc's win. I do applaud eir cleverness. That has nothing to do with the fact that the character of Bridgeweaver is singularly unaffected by what to me should be a significant event. It isn't as of now. I'm trying to think of ways to increase its in-game significance.. This is why I approve of the general direction Wonko has espoused in shifting winning over to the grid.

I'm not sure I agree with your characterization of my vision for the grid (from another message), if I have overstated the case it is because I don't want the idea so watered down that it is meaningless. Yes, I'd rather play a game more like Nuclear War than Risk, the variables interest me more, the restraints imposed by enlightened self-interest are to me a fascinating addition to any game of conquest, economic or military or otherwise. I will tend to advocate (by proposal) and support changes that move the grid toward this ideal and oppose proposals that restrict this tendency. That is my vision, and one that I will advocate strongly.

        Bridgeweaver