The Voice on 17 Mar 2003 12:29:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Unanimous bonus

From: Luk Vandelaer <luk.vandelaer@xxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Unanimous bonus
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:23:56 +0100 (Romance Standard Time)

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, The Voice wrote:

> >From: Luk Vandelaer <luk.vandelaer@xxxxxxx>
> >To: BNomic <spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [Spoon-business] Unanimous bonus
> >Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:45:18 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
> >
> >I propose
> >
> >{{
> >__Unanimous Yes__
> >
> >When all the votes say
> >"Yes", the proposals author
> >has his earned points doubled.
> >
> >}}
> >

> Too bad it's not a haiku... the last line has 6 syllables, not 5.
>

> -0-The Voice-0-

Where have I miscalculated ?
I'm not native English speaking, and I have used a dictionary to count the
spoken syllables.

And a related question; how are the poetic feet counted ?

Sheeba.

has (1) his (1) earned (1) points (1) doub-led (2) = 6.

A poetic foot is, I believe, determined by the meter and rhythm of the poem... it's kind of hard to explain, but it has to do with the overall pulse and beat-- it can be a number of words, or sometimes one long word... this is probably the worst definition ever, and has done nothing but confuse you more. Anyone else want to take a shot?

-0-The Voice-0-