Glotmorf on 14 Mar 2003 05:06:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 36 BALLOT

On 3/13/03 at 4:34 PM bd wrote:

>On Thursday 13 March 2003 09:31 am, Glotmorf wrote:
>> >Proposal 1378/1: mmm, donuts (bd)
>>
>> "Your face is flushed, sir.  Have you been drinking?"
>> "Your eyes are glazed, officer.  Have you been eating donuts?"
>>
>> No.  Biggest problem I see with this is that there's no motivation for
>> actually having a donut.  Aside from that, I like the current
>> offense-driven cop system.
>
>The idea was that you could buy one and throw it, to temporarily throw off
>the
>cops. Incidentally, would anyone mind if all instances of 'cops', 'police
>officers', etc are replaced with 'Keystone Kops'? And the addion of cream
>pies? ;)

Yes, but since you're totally replacing the rule, the cops would no longer be driven to pursue you because of offenses; the only reason they'd be after you is if you had a donut.  So, unless you had, say, two donuts, you wouldn't have to throw off their scent.  And there's no benefit to having a donut in and of itself.

The only reason I can possibly think of for picking up a donut is to throw it at someone else, who either catches it and gets pursued or gets beaned and loses points...

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower