Glotmorf on 28 Jan 2003 23:05:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Enforce the Speed Limit... using recursion

--- Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quoth Rob Speer,
>
> > I propose: __Enforce the Speed Limit... using
> recursion!__
> > {{
> > 1. Create a rule: __N-triggers, a.k.a. Weird
> Recursive Crap__
>
> I like those triggers, but I think that for the
> purposes of fixing the speed
> limit, this isn't neccessary. Why not do this:
>
> New rule 2148:
> The Point Cap of a player, as referenced in this
> rule, is that player's
> score at the beginning of the current nweek + 250.
> If a player would gain points, but doing so would
> increase eir score beyond
> eir Point Cap, e gains points until eir score equals
> eir Point Cap, and then
> gains 1 point of style for every ten additional
> points of score e would
> otherwise gain.
>

> Or am I missing something here?

I like that.  And I can read it and understand it
without caffeine or alcohol.

Seriously, 250 points is still, as far as I know, not
being aware of any recent inflationary trends, a lot.
Getting that much (or, yes, more) at any time is a
considerable accomplishment at the moment.  Therefore,
incredible magnitude gains should indeed be reflected
in style.

Though should there then be a style cap?

-- Glotmorf