Glotmorf on 27 Jan 2003 22:56:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 32 BALLOT

The Prez of M-Tek gives the M-Tek Position on the Nweek 32 ballot:

>Proposal 1298/1: Immediate Fixes (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Shelve, pending this nweek's Overlord act, whereupon the cheesy rule change can come out.

>Proposal 1300/0: Nobody ever said elves were nice... (bd)

No.  No change from last nweek.

>Proposal 1301/0: Get Off Your High Horse (Rob)

No.  The first item is unnecessarily broad in scope, and probably won't work with the Overlord rule anyway.  Plus, layering changes the nature of chutzpah.  As for the second item, most of the rules aren't used by another rule.  But some are more equal than others.

>Proposal 1303/1: Half a league, half a league, half a league onward!
>		 (Baron von Skippy)

Shelve.  Demonstrate to me there's enough activity on the grid to justify restricting movement thereon.

>Proposal 1304/0: Layering (Wonko)

Yes.

>Proposal 1305/0: Open up the playing field (Wonko)

Oh, all right.  Yes.  And see below.

>Proposal 1306/0: Layer Power (Wonko)

Shelve.  The proposal says "section I of Rule 13."  Rule 13 has no section I.  Rule *15* has a section I, though; if it's interpreted that it was in fact Rule 15 that should be changed, rather than Rule 13, the M-Tek position changes to Yes.

>Proposal 1307/0: Patriarchy (Baron von Skippy)

No.  I can understand an election system or a rotation system, but a Council of Elders as a ruling party would probably, without a big influx of new players, turn the game into an all-arch game.  Besides, I note this conveniently excludes your fellow Underlord.

>Proposal 1308/1: The New Upper House (Baron von Skippy)

Shelve.  Opposite problem of above.  Yes, every player eventually becomes a veteran, but every player also eventually ceases to be a veteran.  The Archs are no longer veterans, therefore the Archs can't be part of the Upper House.  Perhaps veteran or higher title.

>Proposal 1309/0: Untap, Upkeep... (The Administrator)

Yes.

>Proposal 1310/0: ...And a Cherry on Top (Glotmorf)

Yes.

Overlord-related actions:

I petition the Overlord (that's me) to grant me proxies of all players currently capable of voting on p1305, and who did not themselves vote on it this nweek, for the purposes of voting Yes on it.

I review the docket.  I refuse Mr. in a Spacesuit's petition.  Per the Administrator's request, I refuse the raining sulfer petition.  I grant the petition made by Glotmorf (that's me).

Having the proxies granted to me by the Overlord (that's me), I use them to vote Yes on p1305.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower