Glotmorf on 17 Jan 2003 18:15:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Re: NWEEK 31 BALLOT

--- Orc In A Spacesuit <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Said Glotmorf:
> >>Proposal 1290/1: Immediate Fixes (Orc In a
> Spacesuit)
>
> >Shelve.  I'd still like to see a way to not only
> not approve of an
> >insta-prop, but specifically shoot it down.  As it
> is, there's approval,
> >pending approval and expiration.
>
> Thing is, people can just make a new insta-prop.
> And we could make some
> sort of bandwidth limit, but hey, we're already
> limiting you to one prop at
> a time.  All people have to do is ignore it, and all
> but the stubbornest
> will let it die.  And if someone's set their one
> prop to something no-one
> likes, they can't insta-propose something else.

Except that if the insta-prop is something bad,
whether by omission or commission, it stays around in
its potentiality, hanging over our heads, with the
possibility that a newbie would show up, sign up, give
the insta-prop a quick once-over, say, "Um...sure!"
and make it happen.

If it needs to be made gone, I want it GONE, not
sitting around like an unexploded bomb.

> Said Glotmorf:
> >>Proposal 1295/0: Open up the playing field (Wonko)
>
> >No, on the grounds of the "otherwise".  You know
> how I feel about cheesy
> >rule changes.
>
> *cough*Glotmorf Rules!*cough*  Cheesiest damn rule
> changes I've ever seen.
> Hell, that's insulting cheese even  And setting the
> Overlord up like that to
> where cheese is required is just asking for it.
> These players set a
> democracy, 50% decides the rule change.  You trying
> to change that is just
> asking for what you do to be challenged.

Glotmorf Rules! wasn't a cheesy rule change.  Glotmorf
Rules! was a scam...a cheesy rule exploitation.
Entirely different critter.

As for the Overlord rule, that had high chutzpah for
two reasons: (1) it had to repulse people who were
reacting to it as simply another Glotmorf Rules!, when
in reality it wasn't; and (2) it had to have the power
to do to the gamestate whatever was required of it,
presumably through petition.

And nobody petitioned.  No one asked for anything.
Not even the abolition of the rule, or my own
abdication.

Y'all want to elect an Overlord?  Without worrying
about the current Overlord or the Underlords?  Someone
could petition for a housecleaning...

-- Glotmorf