Orc In A Spacesuit on 17 Jan 2003 13:29:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Re: NWEEK 31 BALLOT

Said Dave:
Wonko loses 5 Style for failure to surrender the Pink Scarf.

And it begins again...

Said Adam Hill:
>Proposal 1290/1: Immediate Fixes (Orc In a Spacesuit)
No. (This looks like an organizational nightmare, and it seems that it would be equally or more easy to just propose an idea.)

Organizational Nightmare: First, other nomics do it this way. Second, Dave has talked about making this method the primary way of voting for this game (although I don't support going that far). Easier just to propose: The problem is when the game is recognized as broken, and nothing can be done about it. Check the archives, starting from, oh, say the end of august until a few weeks ago. It kept building, and was getting quite bad. Waiting for the end of the nweek for any sensible gameplay wasn't all that great.

Said Glotmorf:
Proposal 1290/1: Immediate Fixes (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Shelve. I'd still like to see a way to not only not approve of an insta-prop, but specifically shoot it down. As it is, there's approval, pending approval and expiration.

Thing is, people can just make a new insta-prop. And we could make some sort of bandwidth limit, but hey, we're already limiting you to one prop at a time. All people have to do is ignore it, and all but the stubbornest will let it die. And if someone's set their one prop to something no-one likes, they can't insta-propose something else.

Said Glotmorf:
Proposal 1295/0: Open up the playing field (Wonko)

No, on the grounds of the "otherwise". You know how I feel about cheesy rule changes.

*cough*Glotmorf Rules!*cough* Cheesiest damn rule changes I've ever seen. Hell, that's insulting cheese even And setting the Overlord up like that to where cheese is required is just asking for it. These players set a democracy, 50% decides the rule change. You trying to change that is just asking for what you do to be challenged.

--
Orc