Orc In A Spacesuit on 13 Jan 2003 05:44:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Responses

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 1/12/03 at 6:42 PM Wonko wrote:
Meanwhile, there may be a use for a lot of the useless rules we have lying around soon anyway.

Oh?  Are rules about to become flingable objects too?

Or...maybe we can sell them to other Nomics. If we can work out a medium of exchange.

Classic.  Got me laughing.

But I myself still want to see insta-props be voted down if enough people vote "Deny" on them, just to get the issue over and done with. Though I think I'd also like to see someone who proposed a Denied insta-prop not be able to submit another insta-prop for a certain amount of time, so that e doesn't flood the channel with spurious issues.

I thought along these lines too, but as people can only have one active insta-prop at a time (you can't insta-propose if you have one pending), this limits you. Sure, someone could keep a bad insta-prop alive, but what's the point? People can keep making the same proposal, but don't.

Well, then, what does qualify as "temporarily circumventing the rules"?

Certainly nothing supported by the rules. And that includes the deletion or change, then reinstatement of a rule.

Do you intend there to be a means for players to become creatures that can be flung around the grid?

Eventually. That's something I'm working towards. But not any great distance.

As long as we're on that subject, how come we can't fling toads?

Oh yeah...toads need stats too.

I'll put that in when I make toads a race, unless someone beats me to it.