Glotmorf on 12 Jan 2003 06:18:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Prop: layers

On 1/12/03 at 1:11 AM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>> >I fail to see any difference between this and chutzpah.  This is just
>> >another chutzpah.  People can do extreme layers too.
>>
>>The difference is that chutzpah should indicate the general importance of
>>rule within that rule's class, whereas some classes of rules should
>always
>>be more important.  Rules controlling the voting process, for example,
>>should be at a higher layer than grid rules, but some voting rules are
>more
>>important than other voting rules, and some grid rules are more important
>>than other grid rules.
>>
>>Plus, it shouldn't be necessary to do extreme layers.  The layers concept
>>should be that if a rule is more important than all rules in its layer,
>it
>>should be bumped up a layer.  If it's not as important as the layer
>>immediately above, a new layer should be created.
>
>-Ooh, I know. Add something like "No rule may be assigned a layer with a
>value greater than one higher than the current highest layer in
>existence."
>That way, extreme layers are totally impossible.-

Well, no, not impossible, because one can stepwise-increment the top two into infinity.

Should I also limit gaps to at most one empty layer?  Or disallow empty layers altogether?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower