Glotmorf on 12 Jan 2003 04:14:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] PROP: Oh, how Zen

On 1/11/03 at 1:31 PM David E. Smith wrote:

>> __Ohhhhmmmmmm...__
>
>There's no 'h' in the sacred syllable 'OM'.

Yes, but remember this game is being played by e-mail, so obviously that there is an e-mantra, for which "ohm" is more appropriate anyway.

>> There exists a philosophy named Zen.
>
>Not unless you also create a philosophical mandate for it, there
>doesn't...

Not entirely true.  One can set one's philosophy to whatever one wants.  It just has no impact on the game unless there's a mandate for it.

>At any rate, this gives Zen players WAAAAAAY too many extra votes, or at
>least has the potential to do so. Bad bad idea.
>
>(As long as the "extra votes" thingies are relatively rare, I don't have
>to try to figure out how to add lots of "extra votes" to the database. I'd
>rather like to keep it that way. :-)

This I agree with.  So far the philosophies (including the Baron's latest attempt at one) give one particular vote under particular circumstances.  I'm trying to imagine what uin, who didn't give a rat's donkey about points, shillings or anything else, would do with all the extra votes e'd get for giving everything away.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower