Wonko on 7 Jan 2003 21:27:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 30 BALLOT

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> Proposal 1281/1: So... Why Was This Never Done Before? (Glotmorf)
> Shelve
> Define "If, however, by the current rules, a Proposal is illegal"  Illegal
> to implement?  Illegal to be on the ballot?  Illegal to exist?  Also,
> illegal actions may become legal by the time of implementation.  Jst because
> a proposal cannot be completly fulfilled does not mean that people shouldn't
> be able to vote for it, as the legality may change.

Seems to me that there isn't such thing as an "illegal" proposal - if a
proposals actions are forbidden by a rule, then that's a conflict between
the rule which says proposals are implemented, and the rule which says it
can't be. It's just a Chutzpah thing.

> Proposal 1283/0: Have you considered being a Plotting Radical? Baron von
> Skippy)
> No
> I think that philosophies should affect the game, but not in vote-changing
> ways.

Dude, didn't you propose a vote change philosophy?

> Proposal 1286/0: Dang Uppity Whipper-Snappers (Glotmorf)
> Shelve
> Like the idea, but think it's a bit overdone.  Oh, and this way all that
> mess about missing titles gets worked out.

Sorry, isn't this proposal the bit that works it all out?

> Proposal 1287/0: You May Say I'm A Dreamer (Anything McGee)
> Yes
> But you're not the only one... which is why I want philosophies to have
> different aspects for people to pick and choose from.

Dude, you've said that many times... if you feel so strongly about it,
PROPOSE IT!

--
Wonko