Glotmorf on 1 Jan 2003 18:25:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Patriarchy Revisited

On 12/31/02 at 10:34 AM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>> >-Okay, first: If we stop the clock NOW and wait a month, in that time,
>my
>> >1-year mark will pass. At the end of that pause, I'll get the title
>> >because
>> >I would have hit 1 year in the time the Clock was off, and the action
>> >"Award
>> >BvS his damn title" would get put on the list 'o things to do when it
>> >turned
>> >on again. Second, if this passes, it will be a Very Bad Thing (TM) (C)
>>(R)
>> >(void where prohibited by law and in KA, NJ, AK, and UT), because, say,
>> >for
>> >me, for my anniversary, I'll get the award for 12 months, 12 months and
>> >1/inf seconds, 12 months and 2/inf seconds, 12 months and 3/inf seconds,
>> >and
>> >so on and so forth, all of which are "at least as long as" 12 months.
>>That
>> >would suck.-
>>
>>Did you miss the last paragraph of the proposal?  "The above titles are
>>awarded in ascending order by length of time they represent, and are not
>>awarded more than once to a player.  If a player quits the game and
>>rejoins, e is considered a new player for the purposes of this rule."  So
>>you'd get the award for 12 months, and not again.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-Eep. Yeah, missed that part. But what about my first point, that what
>happened to you and Wonko won't happen again?-

It could, given Dave's rationale regarding Wonko and me, since all it would take is a clock stoppage that lasts more than 24 hours and happens to overlap someone's anniversary day.  Dave could be out of town and not able to get a ballot out, there could be an SOE, etc.  If the clock isn't on at the very moment that someone's been in the game for six months, the date would be missed under the status quo.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower