Glotmorf on 31 Dec 2002 13:46:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Patriarchy Revisited

On 12/30/02 at 9:28 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>{{ _Dang Uppity Whipper-Snappers_
>>
>>Replace the text of Rule 1282 in its entirety with the
>>following:
>>
>>Once a player has been a player for at least as long
>>as six complete consecutive months, that player
>>recieves one point of Respect and the title "Veteran
>>of B Nomic."
>>
>>Once a player has been a player for at least as long
>>as twelve complete consecutive months, that player
>>loses the title "Veteran of B Nomic" and recieves
>>three points of Respect and the title "Patriarch of B
>>Nomic" if their Gender is Male, "Matriarch of B Nomic"
>>if their Gender is Female, or "Oligarch of B Nomic" if
>>their gender is Drone.
>>
>>Once a player has been a player for at least as long
>>as twenty-four complete consecutive months, that
>>player loses the title given them under the previous
>>paragraph, and recieves five points of Respect, the
>>title "Ancient One of B Nomic," and a Win.
>>
>>The player who has been in the game for the longest
>>time holds the title "Revered Elder."
>>
>>The above titles are awarded in ascending order by
>>length of time they represent, and are not awarded
>>more than once to a player.  If a player quits the
>>game and rejoins, e is considered a new player for the
>>purposes of this rule.
>>
>>}}
>>
>>-- Glotmorf
>>
>-Okay, first: If we stop the clock NOW and wait a month, in that time, my
>1-year mark will pass. At the end of that pause, I'll get the title
>because
>I would have hit 1 year in the time the Clock was off, and the action
>"Award
>BvS his damn title" would get put on the list 'o things to do when it
>turned
>on again. Second, if this passes, it will be a Very Bad Thing (TM) (C) (R)
>(void where prohibited by law and in KA, NJ, AK, and UT), because, say,
>for
>me, for my anniversary, I'll get the award for 12 months, 12 months and
>1/inf seconds, 12 months and 2/inf seconds, 12 months and 3/inf seconds,
>and
>so on and so forth, all of which are "at least as long as" 12 months. That
>would suck.-

Did you miss the last paragraph of the proposal?  "The above titles are awarded in ascending order by length of time they represent, and are not awarded more than once to a player.  If a player quits the game and rejoins, e is considered a new player for the purposes of this rule."  So you'd get the award for 12 months, and not again.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower